Of course, pores exist in each skin. As we know our skin contains tiny facial hairs. Behind the follicle of facial hairs, sebaceous glands are present. Further, when hair grows up it is a pathway for sebum and oil to travel from underneath the skin to its surface. Your skin gets moisturized and protected against germs and impurities.
However, the problem occurs when the skin gets clogged up. That is, its pores are blocked. There is no way for oil and sebum to travel up to the skin surface. It might occur due to excess growth of keratin. This eventually results in the formation of blackheads and whiteheads.
We can say that even the oils produced by the sebaceous gland are normal, then nothing to worry about. However, when an abnormal amount of oil is produced then problems create.
For example, if the oil produced is more viscous and is in great quantity. Then this oil won’t be able to come out of the path. This could be due to stress or hormonal changes or certain medications. When oil is unable to come out then it accumulates in the oil bag.
Eventually, the size of this bag grows according to the amount of stored oil. They appear like a bump on the skin’s surface. If the size enlarges more then it results in the creation of red pimples. Some skin products and makeup block the openings of these pores. Which eventually results in clogged pores.
- Makeup products
- Skincare products
- Dead skin
- A thick layer of waxy sebum; becomes comedogenic
This sebum gets oxidize under UV exposure and environmental stress
It is the natural oil produced by our skin. It helps to moisturize your skin and keep the texture soft. Besides this, the component readily oxidizes. After getting oxidized, it becomes comedogenic.
- Skin cellular exchange of dead cells with new ones function of skin stops. If dead cells accumulate in the pores and find no way to go, then sebum gets blocked.
- Hyper keratinization
You skin cells get over grown. These cells grow in inner and outer surface of pores passage.
- Excessive production of sebum
Tips to unclog pores
- Wear sunscreen with SPF greater than 30
- Use more antioxidant products in to your skincare
- Cleanse your face properly
- Wash your face twice or thrice time a day
- Use vitamin E
- Vitamin A, C, and E are the best antioxidants
- Add retinol products to your skincare routine
- Use AHA, BHA and salicylic acid
- BHA has properties of oil solubility hence it clears out the pores passage
- Skin gets resurfaced with the help of vitamin A. It also regulates skin cells turnover
- Apply niacinamide serum
- Add zinc to your diet
- Apply facial oils that contain a high level of linoleic acid. It will help to regulate oil production in your skin e.g.; rosehip oil, safflower seed oil, hemp seed oil, jojoba oil, and grape seed oil.
- Avoid the use of sugar and glycemic foods in your diet. Eventually, they cause an increase in oil sebum production.
- Avoid those products that have non-comedogen
- After application of a certain product on your skin, you feel bumps on your face then immediately prohibit from them
- Exfoliate your skin once a week regularly
- It’s better to use chemical exfoliating agents
- During the night time apply retinol-based creams
- Use beta hydroxy acids to help in dissolving thick oils from the face
- Avoid fried items
- Drink plenty of water to clear your skin.
Home Remedies to unclog pores
· Green tea
Apply dry green tea leave son your skin. As green tea contains the best source of antioxidants. It helps to control sebum production in the skin. Moreover, it manages oil production.
Firstly, take a large bunch of Azadirachta indica leaves and dip them in water. Bring them to boil. Take a towel and start taking the steam. If leaves are not available then you can also use this in powdered form. Then take 2 tablespoons of the powder and similarly add it to the water.
It will help to take out all the impurities from the skin. This plant has anti-bacterial properties that prohibit the formation of acne and pimple. Take steam for about 10 to 15 minutes.
· Detox mask
Use charcoal powder and it helps to remove impurities.
First add 1 teaspoon of clay and mix with 1 teaspoon spoon of charcoal powder and mix. Next, add 2 and a half teaspoons of crushed sugar. Add 2 teaspoons of water and thoroughly mix these ingredients and the mask is ready. Apply this mask all over your face.
After 15 minutes, wet your hand and exfoliate and rub your face. Sugar helps to exfoliate the face. Whereas charcoal helps to remove impurities. Clay helps to remove excess sebum from the face. And honey helps in moisturizing the face.
Charcoal peel-off mask
This peel-off mask is easily available in the market. It comes in different brands.
· Apple cider vinegar
Take previously made Azadirachta indica leaves to water and strain the water. Now add ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar to it. Next, take an ice cube tray and pour down the liquid in the tray for freezing them. Once the cube is formed, take one and rub it all over your face. It helps to shrink the pores.
Take a face wash and dip some of it on a cotton pad. Then clean your face. Next, take an egg white and add a half tablespoon of sandalwood powder to it. Thoroughly mix both of the ingredients. As we know sandalwood gives a cooling sensation on your face after application. Next, take a brush and apply this paste all over your face and leave it until it dries. When this mask dries, then apply the paste again.
Repeat the steps thrice for better results. Initially, you will your skin has tightened up. As soon as it fries completely, washes your face in a circular motion by massaging. You will feel that your pores have shrunken up. To apply any tonner available on your face.
Rosewater is the best tonner for oily skin. Tonner helps to lock the shrinking pores. The final step is to moisturize your face. It helps pores to disappear from your face. Hence this remedy can also be used with a banana instead of egg white.
For more information, visit bellecoteparis.com and get detailed answer to all your skin related problems.